Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Soundtrack

 Super cute Wilco cover by Chicago band JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound.



Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova doing Jeff Buckley's "Buzzin' Fly" with a little "Grace" thrown in. They sang this at Ravinia a couple summers back. A magic moment. So poignant, Buckley's line "Well, it's my time coming/I'm not afraid to die..." If we make it to New York this summer, squeezing a quick trip inside an already jammed calendar, I want so so SO bad to catch the stage version of Once.



Pink Floyd's "Fearless." A good anthem for days when I feel the fool. "Every day is the right day."

You say the hill's too steep to climb, climb it
You say you'd like to see me try, climbing
You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb the hill in my own way
Just wait a while for the right day
And as I rise above the tree-line and the clouds
I look down hear the sounds of the things you said today

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling
Merciless the magistrate turns round, frowning
And who's the fool who wears the crown
No doubt in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down hear the sound of the faces in the crowd


No comments: