Thursday, May 10, 2007

Twelve Recent Laughs

1. Melody our babysitter imitating her sad Shitzhu, Spike.

2. Mia wearing underwear on her head. Classic.

3. Dwight Schrute slouching into The Office, trying to act like Jim Halpert.

4. A little African school-girl giggling as Simon Cowell interrogates one of her classmates who drew a picture of him with breasts.

“What are these? Like a woman? I am not very happy with you, Caroline. I’m not so sure these school kits are a good idea.”

5. TelevisionWithoutPity.com

6. Bedtime with the girls giggling madly over Sandra Boynton’s jumpy-bumpy rhymes in But Not the Armadillo, and Mo Willems’ latest, My Friend is Sad.

7. Little Nora pushing the boogie-board toward the ocean, as determined as a baby sea turtle, driven to be a surfer.

8. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.

9. “My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps.” This is so utterly stupid, I can’t help but love it.

10. Randy’s housewarming present to Brent and Serena: a remote controlled bust of an ape. From Target.

11. A war story from last week’s playgroup. After a rough day with the boys, Cole and Grant’s mommy ended up walking into our annual Christmas cookie exchange party with an opened bottle of red wine in a paper bag. And no cookies. I love this.

12. Nora making that horrible and rough throat-clearing sound when she is trying to neigh like a horse.

No comments: